Department of Human Services

​Apply for Benefits

There are different ways to apply for or renew your benefits.


Use the COMPASS website. You can see if you qualify, apply for, or renew benefits at the click of a button.


Your local county assistance office can help answer any questions and assist you in person.


You can apply for SNAP and Medical Assistance over the phone by calling:

Paper Application

Download the appropriate paper application from the list below and mail it to your local county assistance office.

SUN Bucks: Pennsylvania’s Summer EBT program

Most children are automatically eligible for SUN Bucks and do not need to apply. To determine if your child is eligible and whether you need to apply, use the Eligibility Navigator or learn more about Sun Bucks.