Vaccine Safety & Effectiveness
You have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines. Pennsylvania has answers. Here are facts you can rely on to help protect yourself, dispel myths, make decisions, and understand the different vaccines.
- Can a COVID-19 vaccine make me sick with COVID-19?
- Who approves vaccines and says they are safe?
- Were vaccines approved too fast?
- What does "Emergency Use Authorization" or "EUA" mean?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- What should I do if I experience side effects after my vaccine?
- Are COVID-19 vaccines safe for children?
- If I am pregnant, can I get a COVID-19 vaccine?
- If I am trying to get pregnant, can COVID-19 vaccines affect my fertility?
- Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe for people with underlying health conditions?
- Can I get a vaccine if I am currently sick with COVID-19?
- Is natural immunity from the COVID-19 disease better than immunity from the vaccine?
- Is hydroxychloroquine an effective treatment for COVID-19?
- If I do get COVID-19, what treatments are available?
- Are mRNA vaccines new?
- How do mRNA vaccines work?
- Are COVID-19 vaccines safe for African Americans?
- What should I do if I missed my second vaccine appointment?