2020 Census

Shape your future in PA

Share Share Page by Email Share Page on Facebook Share Page on Twitter Share Page on LinkedIn

How & When to Respond

Every household can respond to the 2020 online, by mail, or by phone. Responding to the census should take only a few minutes.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 95% of households will receive their census invitation in the mail and the remaining 5% will get their census invitation delivered by a census taker working for the bureau. These invitations will give you information about the ways you can answer the census. Less than 1% of households will be counted in-person by a census taker.

Census Day is April 1, 2020

Mark your calendar. April 1, 2020 is National Census Day. By this date, every home will have received their invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. When you respond to the census, you tell the U.S. Census Bureau where you are living as of April 1, 2020.

Related Information