Support Your Community
We encourage all Pennsylvania residents to please fill out your 2020 Census when you receive your census invitation. Make sure to include every person living in your home on April 1, 2020.
To receive text message updates about the 2020 Census in either English or Spanish, text PACOUNTS to 898211 on your mobile phone. Standard data rates may apply.
Be a good neighbor and participate in the 2020 Census. Explore this site to learn more about the 2020 Census, your role as a resident, and downloadable materials you can use to help spread the word about the census.
Help Count Everyone
Your help is especially important for getting the word out to our neighbors living in our traditionally hard-to-count communities. Some of the Pennsylvanians who are most likely to be missed in our census count include children, immigrants, and people of color. Rural households and residents experiencing economic hardship or homelessness are also likely to be missed. Our population count determines the federal support Pennsylvanians receive for the next ten years for education, healthcare, housing, food security, roads, and more.
Be A Good Neighbor
There many opportunities to share information about the 2020 Census. Some ideas include:
- Public meetings, events, or presentations
- Op-eds, blog posts, or articles
- Conversations with colleagues, neighbors, family, and friends
- Social media posts and videos
- Workplaces, schools, places of worship, or other community locations
Let’s work together so everyone knows about the census, it’s importance, and help count all our communities!
Engage Your School Community
Educators and schools are trusted members of our communities providing critical resources and information for children and families. We have created special materials for use by school communities to engage students and their families with details about the 2020 Census. Our Census Materials for School Communities (.zip) includes:
- Poster, Flyer, and Postcard with kid-friendly messages
- K-12 Classroom Resources and Interactive Resources
- Social Media Toolkit for Educators and School Communities
Be a Partner
If you belong to a business or group involved in community outreach, please consider joining the effort to promote the 2020 Census so we can achieve a complete count for Pennsylvania. There are many ways your organization can become involved as a census partner:
- Support your local Complete Count Committee
- Mention the 2020 Census in your mailings and newsletters
- Add information on your bills, invoices, and receipts
- Hang posters and distribute flyers
- Talk to your partners, employees, customers, and stakeholders
In addition to the U.S. Census Bureau’s outreach materials, we invite you to download and use the following Pennsylvania-specific materials in your own 2020 Census promotions.
Work for the Census
The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring for temporary positions. These usually last for several weeks and include census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff, and supervisory staff. For full details about jobs near you, hiring requirements, and the application process, visit United States Census 2020 website.